View Single Post
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Vigo, Spain
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
it would need to be an optional choice rather than a complete change, those that use their N9's without a case and carried in pockets etc. being the obvious.
I'm sorry but I don't quite get that. I understand the phone in a pocket can be woken up by an accidental double tap (hard, but possible), but how on earth is an accidental rub of the phone against your leg (most of the time through some cloth) going to produce a swipe? When you take the phone out of the pocket to answer? Great, you won't have to do anything then, just put it in your ear! ;-) OK, let's just make it optional, like "any keyboard answers a call" is optional in most Nokia T9 phones (like my E52). I also pick up some calls when grabbing the phone in my pocket and I push any key accidentally, but I can live with the few times it happens.

BTW: Most women put the phone in their bags. It's mostly men who use their trousers pockets to carry the phone. Just saying...

Swipe-up to answer just seems obvious.
Swipe-anywhere but down to answer is debatable (and might be optional).
Swipe-down to reject or silence should be configurable.

What is pretty obvious is that the current behavior makes little sense and I'm really surprised almost no review has highlighted it.

Since no developers seem to be around, is there any developers/modders forums where this could be asked and debated?

Last edited by sicofante; 2012-04-12 at 17:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicofante For This Useful Post: