View Single Post
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@AndyYan,

Just a theory: if you enable R&D mode and disable LG resers then the next time you boot the X server will most likely die (because of the bad libxau lib) and hopefully the phone will not reboot.

The problem is that you won't have a shell, or even a visible framebuffer, meaning you won't be able to even blindly type in the necessary commands to restore the working lib.

Try it anyway, and PLEASE report whatever result you get.

As an alternative, you might want to try putting the "Rescue OS" on a microSD card and boot from it using the flasher.
Link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75369
Tried both method.
The "Disable R&D + Lifeguard" gives no user interface, and I'm no blind operator. Anyway to enable UI or at least WiFi+SSH is welcomed!
Meanwhile I booted into RescueOS and WTF, there's no /home... USB Mass Storage is RAW format on Windows... AND no /usr/lib which means I can't replace the wrong lib even if I have the correct file!!
Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Mounting maemo rootfs in rescueOS gives me access to /usr/lib BUT NOT /home (ls returned empty results) so I'm still not able to put files (NITDroid can only access /home)...

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-05-09 at 10:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: