View Single Post
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by yanness View Post
hi there,

I might have a solution to set up the Yahoo! Mail on the Nokia N900.
There are several steps.
1.Follow the steps in this link.
http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04...ee-pop-access/

Or click My account on your Yahoo mail. In your yahoo account information and on your Account Settings click on Set language, site and time zone link. In this edit member information page choose the New Setting as Yahoo! Asia.
Then save everything and log out.
Log back in to check you Pop and Forwarding settings. It should have change to an editing one. Click edit setting and in this new page choose Web and POP Access.
You can click on Pop Setting to check your settings and use them to set up your email on your N900 email.

2. Set up your Email on your N900
Open your Email settings on your phone. Create a new account with US as the region and Other as service provider. You can put whatever you want for Account Name.

3. Fill out normally your user setting.

4. Next fill out the other field according to the settings you will have on your yahoo Pop and Forwarding.

It did work partially for me but not perfectlly as it should be. I got some emails from my N900 yahoo account but not eveything came up.

I guess when the email on my N900 will fully load up, everything will work fine.

Good luck.
Wow, that totally worked!!! Many thanks Yanness. I can't for the life of me understand why Sbcglobal and Yahoo Plus is supported but not the plain ol' free Yahoo.