View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Thx Aapo, all the updates are coming along great!! I only wish I could do more to help.

I have to admit it's a bit surprising that no one's really concerned about the accelmap.conf not working anymore. But it looks like that is just the way mypaint is since 0.9.x. So hopefully it's fix at some point, but for now it looks like we'll just have to set it via the keys strokes (though, I will be modifying /home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/ drawwindows.py and document.py)

I was working on shortcut cheat sheet, but it seems more than a few of the default don't really work with the n900 so I'll put it on hold with the hopes that if my be useful later on.

cheers

x

Seeing the developers reply is disappointing, but understandable:

"QUESTION 10/19/2010: I set some shortcuts (for canvas rotation and brighter/darker color) in MyPaint 0.8.2. After upgrading to 0.9.0beta, the shortcuts are not preserved.

More precisely: their corresponding entries in accelmap.conf are still present, but they don't work anymore. That's because the same actions have been now remapped to the DocumentActions group (instead of WindowActions as they were in MyPaint 0.8.2).

While I'm positive there's a good reason for this change, a solution from transitioning/converting the old-style shortcuts to the new format would be welcome, especially for users that have many shortcuts set up.

PS: I doubt the problem is Windows 7 specific, but I didn't try it on other OSes."

ANSWER 01/18/2011: Update of bug #16897 (project mypaint):

Open/Closed: Open => Closed

Follow-up Comment #1:

Well... would have been nice, but a bit too much effort for something that the users can fix so easily. And with some luck, it won't happen again."

http://www.mail-archive.com/mypaint-.../msg01093.html

Last edited by xman; 2011-04-23 at 20:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: