View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I would hopefully take part in Coding Competition, but I doubt I will have time+willpower to do so.

I have several N900s (various microUSB issues, and other problems, like replace-flex-ribbon, or will-replacing-LCD-display-fix-it) and one cyan N9 (sim tray jumping out because of slightly bent corner; SIM tray is new, but SIM contacts inside of device may be slightly rusty; should check with a SIM card before sending it off) and one N950 (sim port broken entirely, microUSB is in excellent condition) to be considered for donations to winners (all have screen protectors, but I would rather fix-hardware and flash-them and check they work without any wifi or cellular issues before sending them out).

It could be possible to make "Donate" threads in Buy-and-Sell section, like "I am looking for a developer to donate this device to, here are photos of device, what app did you develop-or-improve recently" or "I am a developer, I desperately need new device to port-or-continue-developing-my-app, here is the app and its source code". But Coding Competition sounds more Eye-Catching than separate threads, and community-voting-for-winners is more interesting than individuals deciding whom to donate device to.

My interest in Coding Competition would be on fixing-improving-upgrading-old-apps, and making sure they are GTK+Hildon, and seamlessly integrated into the system (like, Belltower using system-wide map-handler, akin to address-book, instead of calling out for Google Maps). For example, Navit has a GTK+ GUI, but it's not touch-friendly, it's not hildon-ised.

For example, in Games category the _only_ app which attempts to emulate Nokia's design is maemosweeper , it just needs some improvements.

[Edit] Voted Undecided in the poll [/Edit]

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2016-01-07 at 06:48.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: