View Single Post
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Then you really don't know a lot of Americans that know a damn thing. The way most folks saw it in the US - mind you, I'm in a very tech-oriented sector for the most part - all of us North Americans saw the original iPhone as just a feature phone that played your music, did some web, was at a cheaper price point than most others in regards to having wi-fi.

But smartphone? No. I save that for the Nokia 9000 as being my first introduction to a "smartphone". I think you'd see other North Americans say it was between Blackberry or Windows Mobile based phones, if not Palm to be their first foray into smartphones.

But that's probably because of who/what I work around. It's a lot like you folks here... not exactly the "normal" type of user is around me daily.
People's perception is really puzzling sometimes. In Europe (generally speaking) the iPhone is the iPhone while Android phones = smartphones. Symbian is actually much unknown. People who have used Symbian phones for years, think they got some sort of Android on their N8. With Belle they are convinced.