View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I wouldn't define it that way. I think the best definition is the amount of maemo software development that goes on here, which is less than half of what it was two years ago.
I wouldn't pigeon hole the community as just developer or voters or whatnot. What we have here (imo) is a very diverse community that consists of people with very different interests. For some the community is about development, for some about finding new applications, for some general chitchat with like minded people, etc. All of them are members of this community and devs/hackers have been the minority here for a long time.

That said, true that there aren't as many active (maemo) devs here as there used to be. I actually would be surprised if there were. But look at the bright side, regardless of events during the past two years there are still a number of people doing development. Could be worse.

Also, the number of people willing to participate in community "politics" is always significally lower that the actual member count.

oh, and congrats to the new council.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post: