View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
I wouldn't pigeon hole the community as just developer or voters or whatnot. What we have here (imo) is a very diverse community that consists of people with very different interests. For some the community is about development, for some about finding new applications, for some general chitchat with like minded people, etc. All of them are members of this community and devs/hackers have been the minority here for a long time.

That said, true that there aren't as many active (maemo) devs here as there used to be. I actually would be surprised if there were. But look at the bright side, regardless of events during the past two years there are still a number of people doing development. Could be worse.

Also, the number of people willing to participate in community "politics" is always significally lower that the actual member count.

oh, and congrats to the new council.
Well, I've always thought it important to have a diverse membership in the community, including lots of users, and wasn't trying to pigeon hole into anything. Don't understand why you would characterize it that way. Users do notice when the number of new applications and other software development decreases.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post: