Thread: Forgot PIN :-(
View Single Post
Originally Posted by robmiller View Post
I've been wondering if re-flashing works as the manual says "send to nokia if you lose the code". further on it says that you'll lose all data, implying that re-flashing is the method.
Oh, i simply assumed that re-flashing would be the last resort if nothing else helps. I must confess I haven't read the manual. Having to send it to nokia would be even worse than I could image...

not that I have yet been able to guess. if you attempt to run passwd as 'user' it says "The password for user cannot be changed.", but it appears to allow if you run 'passwd user' as root -- but I'm not yet willing to try setting a user account password
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/InstallSsh

The tutorial for OpenSSH setup says that "user" could be unlocked, but then a password for "user" should be set. I didn't do that. I cannot connect as "root" with "rootme" to, I think

I agree that there should be something more here, tho not sure what -- asking for the pin to lock it might be an annoying extra step, while asking for a new code when locking would allow someone else to lock your tablet - probably even more annoying . disabling root login over ssh seems very much not right as by default I would expect root can do anything.
I think I have locked root, as the SSH install guide suggests. I need to find the right private key for SSH, I think I did create an authorized_keys for key-based authentication (I think for the "user" account), but I don't remember: it's a long time since i tested ssh access :/

assuming you did get in, any ideas where to reset the lock code? or are you just looking to copy files off the device?
No idea, just hope :-)

I would try to recover the files and settings, at least.

Thx,
Sebastian