Thread: Intex Aqua Ace
View Single Post
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Qualcomm would be absolutely stupid. More expensive SoCs and platform. Considerably lower performance and features at any given pricepoint. In India, features and performance within very restrictive price constraints are paramount. Intex, for the former reasons are an almost exclusively MTK shop.
No, it would not. MTK brings nothing to FOSS community and does not respect licenses. That alone is good enough for me to never buy anything with mediatek inside. Performance wise, they are not on par with qualcomm in the same segment. And they are failing a lot more often then those with qualcomm SOCs. Cheap phones are also popular here and I know more than enough people that had issues with MTK based phones of different brands, including "premium" ones so that it really makes a pattern. Not that qualcomm is perfect but it does worth that extra money. Especially when it comes to android based device.
Not sure if it will be available outside of India, but if it will be MTK based than I don't even care.

And, BTW, they have nicer phones than this iphone wannabe. Something more squareish like original Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post: