View Single Post
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Q: Any chance this can be considered to be implemented

http://www.ideasproject.com/ideas/11642

It's basically swipe diagonally from different corners/edges as a music player control function (next track for one corner, pause for another etc).

A: There is a gesture control tool in ovi store that allows something very similar to be done that the idea conveys. Lock screen has the controls now, so I don't see particular reason to add one more way to control music. Especially as I assume more and more people to use spotify and other online services for music consumption (which do not adhere to the platform logics anyway)

Q: I want to praise you on a commendable job in answering all these questions! I have a couple which I can't find mentioned which are related to the mail application. First will you be able to search server for old mails and secondly will you be able to search the outlook directory for contacts?

A: Thanks, I try to spend half an hour in the evenings answering to you guys.
Exchange contacs lookup support is in PR1.2.
Old email search is not going to happen afaik.

Q: my girlfriend bought also a N9. She was on iphone 3g before. I lost 4 hours trying to import the contacts from the iphone.... i export them with itunes, then in vcf from mac, but my nokia pc suite dont want to import this vcf and it crash any other way to do it? im becoming crazy... (exchange method dont work)

On the N9 very often when scrolling a list (contacts for ex) it selects an entry when you wanted just to scroll the list. Same thing in the feed screen, very often it opens me the facebook app. Is too much sensitive. The PR 1.1 will improve this aspect ?

A: This video should also help you move the contacts from iphone to n9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhvXF2r76BQ

Mistaps are indeed very annoying. I think it's better in 1.1. Not completely gone, but noticably better.

Q: can we have swipe to delete in the email app?

A: Good idea. No, great idea! I'll see what we could do

Q: I hate to bring this up again but my problem with email accounts after changing SIM card has happened again, the first time it happened I had to factory reset the N9 with the second SIM card and add the accounts again (see previous post above) to fix the problem. This second time I changed back to another SIM card and the problem didn't appear at once, it actually took 7 days(!) and now the accounts won't fetch any new mail (one Gmail and one POP3). When this happens the fenix process takes a lot of CPU time to start with and then the messageserver process takes almost all CPU. Se this screenshot: http://valborg.no-ip.info/dpr/20111031168.jpg
Someone over at Maemo talk told me that the N9 handles 7 SIM cards - but only when device lock is enabled..See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=232
Is it possible for someone to search/file a bug for this?

A: I encoutered it myself for the first time now. Fix is simple: Remove your mail accounts, then enable developer mode (settings/security/enable developer mode), then open terminal, type: rm -rf .qmf/*
(and press enter). It sucks, but this is the fix. Anyway, somebody should file a bug about it.

Q: - Will it be possible to search for text on a web page (ctrl-f)?
- In the email client, I find my self trying to double-tap to zoom, as done in the web browser, but that doesn't work. Well, it sometimes selects text, which can be good (and would be nice in the browser too, I want both! ).

A: No search in default browser. Fennec should come soon and that should have the support.

Well, universal copy paste is the general theme that we are pushing in pr1.2, so getting rid of selection support in email is a no-no. Sorry.

Q: Regarding using a single swipe to answer a call, that's great and all but what if I wanted to reject the call? How would I be able to unlock the device and hit the reject button when the act of unlocking the screen has automatically answered the call?

A: You reject by swiping the call down. Or, swipe to the side to reveal the incoming call without answering to it. Only swipe up would answer directly.

Q: My parents have phonenumbers that are almost identical, just the operator part (0400****** and 0500******) are different. N9 doesn't identify these and when for example my dad calls me it shows just the number, no name or picture.

Symbian got this fixed in Anna, but how about N9?

A: That's sad. I'll ask around.

Q: Battery usage app..

Battery Draining Detected
Average power consumption of last 3 days in idle state has been 12mA and now it 31mA

Top energy consumer: Audio playback
I have not listened any music.

I read somewhere (matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi?) that sometimes pulse audio "hangs" and uses lot of cpu time.

Any pulseaudio fixes in pr 1.1?

A: Likely pulseaudio issue. It has been fixed in 1.1 already in summer time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post: