View Single Post
32GB SD adapter for N810
Update: The adapter for people with the MUGEN extended battery can be purchased here. http://www.remotefactory.com/32gbn810sd.html anyone wanting anything other than US priority mail should email first

Update: The Adapter with the stainless steel cover can be found here http://www.remotefactory.com/cravesone.html

Leave a post or email cgraves256@optonline.net if you think you would want something like this.

Name:  N810 Memoryupgrade2.jpg
Views: 11791
Size:  88.9 KB
I purchased a N800 quite some time ago when Comp USA was closing in my neighborhood and since OS2008 and Xournal was installed on it I have not gone a day without it.
I first installed 2 8Gb SD cards in it and soon found that was not enough for my music and other files I needed each day for work. I then received 2 16GB cards from my son for a present and found this was just the right balance for what I needed.

I used it as a music player and found that the different upgrades to the music programs caused problems that I could not have since I used it everyday for work. So I purchased a Nokia 770 for my music on ebay for $99.00 not knowing that it was limited to 2gb and used a special version of MMC card. Since this could no hold enough music I created a 8GB card with the MMC form factor.

Under N770 see N770 8G SDHC card without hacking MMC slot
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=17679

I also sell these cards to others with no problems reported yet. I was very happy with the N800 for work and the 770 for media until my children gave me a N810 for my birthday in July.

Since July I have not been able to trade my N800 for the N810 because of the memory limitations of the N810 which is 8GB for now. I also received for my birthday a 32GB PNC SD card to make things worse. Now with 48GB on the N800 it is even harder. I also realize that there will be someday a 16GB Micro SDHC card but it will be very expensive when becomes available.

As for the N810 the built in GPS and the keyboard was very tempting.

So I am saying all this to say that I decided to upgrade my memory on the N810 to 32Gb which I can live with. I will also be producing a adapter that will allow this to be done to any N810 without voiding the warranty ( no real reason why it should) and can be easily installed and removed should you want to go back to mini SD 8GB only.

I am making everything needed to extend the memory to 32GB or to 64GB when the cards are available.

I am a self taught engineer and this is what I do to keep my mind working on new designs and products for my company but this problem was easy to solve. The N810 will work with any card that is SDHC compliant and I have already tested it with the PNY 32GB card on my current unit
Name:  N810 Memoryupgrade3.jpg
Views: 12357
Size:  35.6 KB
As you can see from the included photos it is completed as far as using the card goes. I am waiting for my supplier to send the parts to me for assembly and inspection before it is available to others.

The parts come with a special cover that will maintain the integrity of the N810 and I am pleased with the design. I am considering adding additional features to it but I have not decided what to add yet.
Name:  N810 Memoryupgrade5.jpg
Views: 11466
Size:  52.3 KB
Also since this is a slow year for my company I have to use my own money to complete this project.
This is why I am posting this Thread to see if there would be interest from others to have this adapter for their N810 tablet?

Progress Update: Completed design, Just wating for delivery of metal cover Name:  N810 Cover sample 039.jpg
Views: 8197
Size:  43.7 KB

The adapter for people with the MUGEN extended battery can be purchased here. http://www.remotefactory.com/32gbn810sd.html anyone wanting anything other than US priority mail should email first
Leave a post or email cgraves256@optonline.net if you think you would want something like this.

Last edited by craves1; 2009-01-04 at 21:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post: