View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I just checked the version from yesterday and it seemed to work ok for me..
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Nice and useful. Could you comment which virtual keyboards have already tested with it?
I have tested the applet mainly by switching between default virtual keyboard and him-cellwriter. It also allows to make, for instance, "special characters" keyboard, the onscreen keyboard - though it may seem impractical, it is also a virtual keyboard, and thus eligible for being listed in the selector. I haven't used him-cellwriter much - it's neat, but I didn't have the patience to train it fully, and I was mostly using the hardware keyboard for typing.
No virtual keyboard should have any problem with this applet. When a keyboard is set, by user pressing "OK" button, the applet is doing the same as typing "gconftool-2 --type string /apps/osso/inputmethod/default-plugins/finger -s short-filename-without-extension" in X-Terminal would have done.
What's the difference between keyboard-triggers 'finger' and 'stylus'? As far as I have noticed, no applications behave differently for finger and stylus. Yet, /apps/osso/inputmethod/default-plugins/finger and /apps/osso/inputmethod/default-plugins/stylus are separate from each other. Yet, the same onscreen keyboard is used for both finger and stylus, as if the system always default to 'finger'.
Feedback and screenshots are welcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: