View Single Post
Hi guys, don't beat me up over this for not preventing it, but I believe my N900's USB port has gone.
A while back, I noticed that my wall charger's plug was rather loose and it would wiggle. I thought it was normal since i'm used to some USB plugs being loose in other devices. (I never realized it or cared too much of it, but I realize now that my phone would have to have the plug a certain way to get a charge). Fast forward a good few months, and my USB cable would get very touchy with charging (even touching and moving the cable slightly would get a charge-notcharging-charging sound quickly as the cable would move.
Then, one night I woke up and saw that my phone didn't charge, thought nothing of it and simply switched to my PC's cable, it worked, but after several days I would only get the orange strobing light but it would barely charge. Now, it won't even realize that it's plugged in. I think the USB port might be slightly crooked too.
I have been considering a second battery and external desk charger, as well as the Duracell or powermat wireless charge options (would these even work with it?) as well as sending it in to Nokia. Only problem is that the warrantee might possibly be up. Think I should call anyway? If it is possible to send it in, would there be a way to keep my exact phone, instead of Nokia just sending me a replacement?
I look forward and greatly appreciate your guys' feedback, I need the phone for work and I can't exactly afford a shiny new N9, or a new N900, I'm reluctant to send it in, but if I'm able to and I have to, I will, but I want to know what you guys think first. Thanks!