View Single Post
Originally Posted by sanros View Post
more pictures......
in the last picture of mugen cover i have tapped the camera opening with plastic clear sheet so that its dust proof and used a permanent marker to divide the flash light area from the camera lens so that when flash is used it should not spoil the picture by making it blur.
Actually, i would not recommend tapping camera opening with anything, even most 99,99% clear and thin and uber plastic/glass/whatever sheet, cause it will for sure make picture quality worse. It may be or may not be visible in everyday use, but it MUST screw photos in certain circumstances - pure optic here. That's why not any professional screen protector cover camera lens, The light will always go at little different degree through additional layer, not to mention that not single, even best sheet is clear 100%.

Nevertheless, nice job with modding Unfortunately, i screwed a little one scud doing solder mod - no matter how lame that mistake is, i accidentally used too much solder on battery (-) and it shortcut with battery cover (+). Even when i was able to clear that solder with sharp knife in ~2 seconds (doing many sparks and flashing in the process, due to knife made of metal) scud become much thicker - you know, internal pressure of battery is much higher now. Ho ever, safety opening didn't activated and no lithium showed itself outside battery, so I'm now during process of measuring capacity, to see if damage is severe or just minor.

So, just to warn people - take care really, when You solder that damn (-).

In good news side, i incorporated simple method to create Your own "isolated flat wire" during the process. Will post it alongside modding mugen cover to actually have working lens cover (with "open camera lens" recognition without need of additional mugen switch - just open cover).

Anyway, biggest problem for me - even with really thin and flatted wires - was that after soldering and re-assembling first battery with it's PCB and connectors, it's too high to fir into N900 slot. Scud is already very big, so even little more thickness added make it impossible to insert in place. Has anybody who did soldering mod any advice on this? That's actually the case why i was de-soldering my finished mod and that shortcut damage appeared on actual de-soldering process - i was trying to do it as thin as i can to make it fit.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-23 at 20:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: