View Single Post
I tried to update from OS 2007 to the latest for my N800, and now it will not boot up. I downloaded the Update Wizard from Nokia and followed the instructions. I selected Diablo_5.(etc) as the OS to install. (That was the default offering.) According to the wizard, the file downloaded, but then the write process failed. It said something like Write Failed, check your USB cable or drivers. I'm using a laptop with the USB cable plugged directly to it. I don't know if it is USB 1.1 or 2.0. I can find out, if it matters.

Anyway, now the N800 will not boot up. The logo screen appears, then the blue progress bar starts moving rightward across the bottom of the screen. When it gets about 95% of the way, it stops, reboots and repeats the cycle, endlessly. I've taken the battery out, put it back in, same thing. Now the battery is out.

I took out the internal sD card, same result. It is possible the card was not formatted before this all started, if that matters.

I don't know anything about this tablet, and not too much about PCs. I know how to install software using wizards! Or so I thought.

Please help. Where do I go from here? Thanks.

PS: I did some searching here before posting. I didn't find the same issue. It's probably here somewhere.... Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by DougClark; 2009-01-13 at 14:09. Reason: Add PS