View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I had a closer look at the errors now and I guess I'll have to be absolutely honest now about what I did to upgrade to Squeeze since easy standard steps don't seem to work.

Because the watchdog always rebooted my N900 during dist-upgrade attempts I first upgraded small chunks of packages (30-50MB download size) via debbie aptitude.
When I realized that nice could keep the watchdog calm and switched to that procedure half of my Easy Debian was already upgraded (yes I had lots of time that day ). The whole X-server related stuff and probably even Easy Debian's dbus was a part of these chunks.

No idea if that will solve the problem but I think it's worth a try to manually upgrade dbus first. I can't even exclude that I upgraded pulseaudio from within the Easy Debian desktop (which might affect the dist-upgrade since Easy Debian's dbus is actually running) since I did a lot of tinkering with pulseaudio back then.

If that still doesn't work I'll try to reproduce the dist-upgrade with a stock Easy Debian installation while keeping the procedure as simply as possible and documenting the steps exactly.
But most likely I won't find the time for that before x-mas.

As for your firefox warning, I get that too. Eventually I just uninstalled the package that caused the popup (the commandline output still remains). Since it seems to work except for that warning I didn't investigate it any further. I'll add that to the regression list in the wiki article once I've identified the package again.

The Following User Says Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: