View Single Post
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Wow, that is pretty effedup, the droids are so secure that you can't even fix them when malware hits you. Where's the outrage?
Oh, I've got an abundance of that right now

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Once they mainline the android kernel it will make building linux distros for droid hardware easier, but we will still be stuck with scary bin blob drivers which could be doing anything and are pre-compiled for only one kernel version.
I hope Google's contributions will be thoroughly audited!

If anyone from Jolla reads this please take note, here's some Android crapola Sailfish really needs to avoid:

When I uninstall an app I don't expect any app or service to be allowed to reinstall it

When I cancel an install dialog I expect that decision to be final, I don't want the dialog to be allowed to reappear and ask me again one second later over and over and over

If I'm using a system screen (e.g. settings) no background app should be allowed to bring up a modal image/dialog over the top of it

When I turn the wifi (gps/bt/...) off in settings no app should be allowed to turn it back on again without my explicit approval (and, as above, if I say no don't ask again)

Really, I could go on and on...

Honestly, there's so much m0r0n1c shite in Android I wonder if the chumps who developed it have any experience of the outside world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post: