View Single Post
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@SD69:

Another usefull ability for supertesters: add other developer to maintainer list of some package.

So if old maintainer abandoned package and new maintainer was found, supertester should be able to add new maintainer to the list and new maintainer should then promote packages (e.g supertester will not care about that package for promoting...)
@pali

hey, I get it and that's what I'd like to see too. You've said it before. I share your desire to prevent things like letting absent package maintainers needlessly prevent development. But you have to work with me.

When I suggested a TSG to facilitate CSSU, some people say I'm attempting a hostile takeover.
I thought that accusation was unfair and over the top. I appreciate that at least freemangordan and joergrw supported my general intentions if not the actual proposal. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82372

Now what you're proposing really is a takeover, an appropriate one I think if a package is abandoned, but goes farther than what I've already proposed. Do the majority of developers support it? Will they say they support it? What do you say to those who will claim it is beyond council's authority?

Trying to fix things one itch at a time isn't going to work in my opinion. I proposed a referendum before to permit council to be more proactive and to have the community's blessing to change the governance and structure of maemo.org so that it functions more smoothly. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...66&postcount=4 For that, I got personally attacked - "just because you have a strong opinion about how to save Maemo does not make you Maemo's savior..."

So please don't ask me to fix things all by myself. Please propose the referendum (or one like it) yourself, get a few other developers to openly support it, you'll have my support to get it voted on and we should then be able to carry through with several fixes despite any naysayers.