View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Remember also that the Proš is not crowdfunded (I know some will say it is almost the same due to the delays since payments, but well, it still is not a crowdfunded project), meaning F(x)tec had investors. I am not saying those investors included retailers, but that' is a possibility, especially as Clove seems to be UK-based. Or they could just be pre-orderers or IGG backers too. In both cases, it wouldn't be shocking that they get devices at the same time as pre-orderers.

What increases the feeling of being fooled is the slow production followed by long export process. I don't think anyone would have seen a big issue if individual preorders had been fulfilled in a few weeks as initially planned (meaning many more units per week, and shorter duration between those in one batch, those in another one, and retailers). There still is no general availability, those retailers had very limited stocks, so we can't really jump conclusions that F(x)tec skipped pre-orderers to please stockists.
That's a good point, I wasn't aware of how small the retailers stock was, my opinion was probably a little precipitate.

With all respect to the work done by Chen, I won't pretend I'm not annoyed by the shipping postponed again and again. I do feel a little being fooled - how many more times will the device be postponed until I finally get it? February? March? It's great to see a good hwkb phone again, but the F(x)tec's expectation management is, let's be frank, far from being good.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2019-12-18 at 20:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: