View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by iDavid View Post
By preloading I mean downloading maps of the area before I actually go out. There are mostly no coverage areas above 3500+ meters high, so I'm not always being able to use my network to download maps.

Anyway, I'm kind of dissapointed. There's no reliable software for N900 YET I can depend my group on.
?

Have you tried the ones that were suggested in previous posts? ModRana, as recommended by one above, gives you the opportunity to pre-download maps. From home (assuming you have Internet connection), just turn on the app and scroll over the area and it downloads it for you on-the-fly (do it from your home first before going out). Or...in the Options menu, there's a button for you to download maps. You can even choose the main map and layer (OSM, Google Maps, etc.).

CloudGPS looks like a good one too, and makes use of OSMTracker format. If you are not comfortable downloading directly from the N900 (via ModRana, for example), just check out the thread (use Search function) and on Page 1 there are instructions on how to pre-download and "make" your own map for use.