View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I've been trying to figure out which LTE modem I will need in Colombia but I'm quite confused by some of the information I've been reading.

There are several LTE operators here which as I understand it operate LTE on either AWS/Band 4 (1700MHz) or Band 7 (which most of the websites here report as 2500MHz but some report it as 2600MHz).

For those operators on 1700MHz, I would go for the PLS8-US modem which would be the safest option.

My confusion relates to Band 7. 2500MHz is not listed in the PLS8 data sheet however it does list Band 7 and 2600MHz for the PLS8-E modem. Would you expect the PLS8-E to work with these operators?

I would prefer to go for the PLS8-E modem (if compatible here) as it would also be the best choice for if/when I return to Europe. Band 7 is also the band offered by the operator that offers the best TV package here (for football) which would be appealing should I at some stage want to go for a quadruple play (convergence of services) solution.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: