View Single Post
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
My point is that you _knew_ about x86 being target despite your insistence to the contrary ("I didn't even know MeeGo had an x86 target until you brought it up")
Ha ha ha ha. That's the second most funniest thing I've heard in this week. This thread was worth it after all. It made me laugh!
Are you realizing you just said the equivalent of "AMD is not a x86 processor"? The design might not be based in the Cortex RTL (but despite their PR they're a licensee). That does not make it a "non ARM" processors. Its main ISA is ARM. There's no other native ISA (where's it documented?).
And I'm not going to call _you_ stupid. That would get me banned. But some of your arguments surely are.
I know quite a bit about MeeGo, and it's origins. Someone who doesn't know the difference between a Cortex and a Snapdragon shouldn't be throwing stones when they're not well versed themselves...
Difference between Cortex and Snapdragon... Bah, please even google the correct names to compare before even trying to mention that to me.
Plus, you seem to conveniently forget about MeeGo being based on the kernel.org GNU/Linux kernel (which, oh, supports ARM). Nokia didn't have to "fix MeeGo". They had to fix the upstream Kernel (they had been used the omap branch). And they were upstreaming already _before_ MeeGo.
And to say Nokia doesn't contribute to Meego other than the Qt GUI... look at sensord, ofono, even the kernel...
Meego does not support either the N950 (but will in a few weeks) or the N9. So we are not talking about the past.
You are an engineer. You should be able to tell they are computers.
So you ask around on this forum: is the N900 not a computer?
The BeagleBoard is virtually the same hardware from the N900, and with recent revisions it is virtually the same hardware from the N9. Fremantle runs as is on it. Please Google around.
*palm-face* Did you read what I wrote? Did you even bother to read it at all? Did you NOT read the part where I said, yes, Nokia paid for it, and made the obvious choice to port it to the N900 because it was the closest thing to their future pipeline?
Well, I do use Google Talk video calls. What I am now, a bastard? Either way, next thing you hear is that the next Wi-Fi security protocol is not supported (tell that to me). Or that this newfangled WhatsUp can't be supported because it is missing a one-liner patch. Or that the new HTML5 standard/codec XXX doesn't work. You can find examples _everywhere_ you look of software obsolescence. I don't know why I'm listing them to you!
It was targeted to "young hipsters". Go check its presentation.
Third funniest thing of the day. Nokia doesn't make prototypes, eh? For your information, THEY MADE prototypes.
More unfounded n900centrism... The N8x0 is not a tablet in your current sense (it's not an iPad formfactor). Go check it.
Some Meego stuff from the FAQ I don't even know why you're quoting me (because it answers your errors instead of mines).
Plus yes, this is a textboot definition of Flamewar. Go check it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly mate i have never read so much CRAP !!! talk about put words into peoples mouths !.

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BULLY

Your just proving my previous post to be correct in every sense, why dont you stop trying to be a bighead and put some effort into the problems of meego.

All your doing is making argument and that is something NO development needs, the way your comng across is actually a bully and enciting your own argumentative behaviour is not going to get you any brownie points i can tell you.

Are you the new kind of wisdom we have in this world? because really nobody needs such behaviour within development.

Your post is nothing but a war of words and it actually sickens me to read your bullish tantrums.

PS I have shortened his post down so it does not fill a whole page.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-07 at 08:52.