View Single Post
Originally Posted by kirillkk View Post
I changed evdev_drv.so to be able to handle keyboard and mouse events separately. Driver source was taken from
xserver-xorg-input-evdev-mouse-2.1.99-1osso20090206.12.tar.gz (xserver-xorg-input-evdev-mouse 1:2.1.99-1osso20090206.12-1mouse+0m5).

There are two new options KeyboardOnly and MouseOnly.
If you set KeyboardOnly to "yes", then the evdev can be registered with Xorg for the second time with MouseOnly = "yes". So the single linux evdev can be registered as two X server devices.

There are hal scripts, readme and evdev patch in the attachment.
Thanks, both to you for this and fmg for extkbd and extmou; thanks to your efforts I'm now typing this on a Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 8000 keyboard with built in trackpad into the old n900 with knackered SIM slot which is now going to be more or less permanently plugged into my TV running easydebian. Only niggles so far are not being able to persuade esydebian it"s a uk layout< even though maemo realises, and wondering whether I can get the media keys (pause/play, ffwd, rwd and vol+/-) to work in maemo.

Once again, many thanks to you both.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...