View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
To the threadcreator:

Are you saying apps written for Android 2.3 is working on old Android like 1.5? I dont think soo!

Also you saying Meego is written in C, well if you mean lowlevel API its true. If you mean highlevel API like QT then its C++ and QML(javascript based) and sometimes python(not officially supported) language like QML and python is similar to VM atleast for the developers.

Also if you think Android is just pure java in lowlevel your really are wrong. there are plenty of C++/C code in android too so I dont get your point at all. Also advanced games written for Android is non java and pure C++.

Another thing I personally dislike the fact to make a world where everyone is úsing exactly the same OS.

People want choices! Atleast me. I dont give a **** if there is plenty more apps in Android. I still prefer Maemo/Meego. I dont wanna get feeded by some company saying what I shal use.

The "Microsoft way" of feeding people with its OS is over.

BUT you have one point when I thinking. The facts that Intel is a chipmanufactor and the Meego so far has progressed mostly on Intelplatform is a bit bad in way of choices if it end with only Intel chipset support.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-01-21 at 19:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: