View Single Post
Thank you very much for your detailed reply

Thank you too to everyone who has posted up the methods to fix this previously!

It got to the point that:
I can't send SMS messages
I can't send MMS
Call Logs aren't updated
I can't enter new calendar entries
I can't amend old calendar entries
I can take pictures but I can't view pictures
File Manager says I have no directories
Application Manager says I have no catalogues
I can't uninstall applications because Application Manager says I have no catalogues
Hildon crashed and seemed to not reload on reboot

Basically it turned into an internet tablet which I could make and receive calls, and that was it! lol

So, in the end I gave up and have reflashed it tonight.

I reflashed to PR1.2 because that is what I was running and, mainly, because I like the way the internet works using it (I use a lot of internet ) and I understand PR1.3 changes things with regards to the back-arrow / left-swipe setup, which would annoy me! I understand PR1.3 may make things quicker, though, so I'm not saying I won't reflash in the future...

I backed everything I could up using PC Suite and I also used the phone in Mass Storage Device mode and dragged-and-dropped from the folders into a folder on my computer (just in case). Then, once I had reflashed, I either dragged and dropped back onto the phone using Windows Explorer or PC Suite, or re-installed from the on-device Backup file.

It seems to have worked so far - I think I have kept everything bar a couple of weeks of Calendar entries, from what I can see, so hopefully all will go smoothly...

I can't see where Messages are backed up on PC Suite, that is my only real issue, but after not appearing at first they are now back, so I am happy

Thank you again, everyone, for a great community!

Let's hope I don't download anything dodgy from the development catalogues this time... lol

EDIT 2011.10.03:
I have checked properly and I think I have lost all my additional calendars that I set up, losing all the entries in them I will have to see if I have them backed up on the Computer / PC Suite!

Last edited by MaemoNoob; 2011-10-03 at 14:55.