View Single Post
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA

After 2.5 long months; Powerful Image Editing has finally(1) come to maemo!

Ansel-A: The Digital Darkroom for the Nokia N900
Features:
  • Filtered-Black-&-White-Conversion
  • RGB-Color-Correction
  • Brightness, Saturation, Contrast and Sharpening
  • Pixel-level-Cropping (Portrait is still a little fishy)
  • Tonal Shadows/Highlights
  • Kinetic Photo Browser
  • 360-Degree-Precision-Rotation
  • EXIF-Browser-with-maps
  • Unlimited-Visual-Undo
  • Multi-Platform (Qt4.6, PyQt)
  • a Gratuitous YouTube Video [link]
  • An active developer taking reasonable feature requests
and all this cool stuff is Fully Open Source.

EDIT: Changed from v0.9-1 to v0.9-5
v0.9-5 Released to Extras-Testing [link]

Brave souls please enjoy and offer critique (I'm ready to get coding again on all the bugs that I'm sure will creep up.)
Alternatively, you can comment on my Blog about this application if you're not the bug submitting type.

Support Questions [link]

Bug Tracking [link]

Installing Version v0.9-5

New Users: The easiest way to install:
if you have Extras-devel/Extras-Testing active go to AppManager->Graphics->Ansel-A and click install.

Previous Users: I now first suggest either AppManager->Uninstall->Ansel-A or
Code:
apt-get purge ansela
apt-get install ansela

If for some reason you're downloading (wget) the deb directly and are installing with dpkg:
run dpkg -i ansela_0.9-5_all.deb and then apt-get -f install to get the depends.

For some of the alpha testers (blizzard & debernardis) noted that earlier versions from extras-devel, especially the temporary v0.8-1 version have caused problematic installs. I/They suggest the simple purge method above before a reinstall for those users, there were some structural changes, that could cause a conflict.

Shout-Outs:
Thank you all who have helped me over the past 2 months getting this released in time for the Calling All Innovators Contest, But especially:
achipa / attila77 for past work, fast answers, unreal patience to us noobs and of course PyQt4.7
noobmonkey you asked all the hard questions a month before me, so I just had to read the forums/irc
xvxxig guess who knows enough Linux now?
jgh for telling me what functions we really needed to have.
baconlt & tavaura20 my awesomely critical beta-testers, photographers and soundboards
mangoconleche & hunter30-06 You two know why, thanks to you the most

-lostinmirkwood

(1) well, without Easy Debian ... sorry qole

Last edited by lostinmirkwood; 2010-06-17 at 22:09. Reason: Changed Version to v0.9-5 to promote to Extras

The Following 111 Users Say Thank You to lostinmirkwood For This Useful Post:
aironeous, alienhead, aligatro, AlMehdi, anders_gud, andygee, archl, arnest, attila77, ayos!, bandora, Barrie, Berserk, Bingley Joe, blah, Blaizzen, ceevee, CepiPerez, cfh11, Chrome, conny, craftyguy, dana.s, daniel_m, dazzakoh, dbl2010, debernardis, demolition, Dousan, dvergin, dzano, ed00, efekt, enne30, evil_m0nkey, FarmerF, fw190, generationally, Glasswalker, hannu.mikkola, HellFlyer, HoX, HtheB, jacktanner, jaeezzy, jfk, johnel, juise-, juven69, Kieron, kmare, logicalsid, magullo, Maj3stic, majesty, malfunctioning, mannakiosk, manvik60, MaxJP, mayhem, mbo, mece, Mentalist Traceur, mikec, mivoligo, moepda, M_99, nashith, Natan_xy, nath, nicholes, nkirk, NokTokDaddy, noobmonkey, noorallah, OVK, parasight, Patola, pelago, plaban, Pretoriano, pyromaniac, qole, Rob1n, robbie, sachin007, sadfist, seanmcken, skoteinos, Slocan, somedude, sony123, spag, steph, StOoZ, Strutten, Temujin, thecubed, thommy, ToJa92, twaelti, ukki, Venemo, vkv.raju, Wanker, YoDude, yogi900, zappa, zimon