View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
I just installed the mer bootscreen and all I can say is...Woah! Hats off to whoever made it. It is nice.

I also have a few more additions. I was originally having trouble with getting the apt-get commands to install from the right repositories. I found out, I had to install them individually or I would always end up with jaunty packages instead of the preferred mer ones. Not really sure what is causing this other than I noticed some of the packages are only available in jaunty and this could be messing it up...but, for me, I could only get the apt-get -t command to work properly by installing packages individually. I had to actually type in the package version in order to get it to install the mer version of xserver-xorg-input-tslib.(Edit: you seem to have already noticed this and fixed it)

I could only get the hardware clock to set correctly by placing the same line that you added to hwclock.sh to /etc/default/rcS which should be fine since we're already adding the CONCURRENCY line to it too.

Also, mer-rescue-menu depends mer-omap-fb-splash which has a conflicting file with usplash which is depended by ubuntu-desktop. So, to install ubuntu-desktop mer-rescue-menu and mer-omap-fb-splash must be removed.
Thanks, i'll add some of that stuff to the guide.
Also, i might need to tweek apt-pinning a bit more to prevent packages from colliding with eatch other and i might end up having to build a "ubuntu-rescue-menu" and "ubuntu-omap-fb-splash" to override usplash's script.

Btw, i've created a pre-built basic ubuntu jaunty rootstrap with root/user passwords pre-set and also includes xserver-xorg, aptitude, deselect, mer-rescue-menu, and pre-configured system files. All you would need to do is extract it to a partition and install a desktop env and then you would be good to go . i'll post the link with information on the first posst.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post: