View Single Post
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have to give you credit promethh, that's actually in Washington. (Yes, I google mapsed it.)

Seriously now. This is a HUGE invasion of your kids' privacy. If I were a parent, as much as I'd frown on them drinking in a ravine, smoking behind the mall, sneaking out in the middle of the night to do whatever it is that horny teens do (play Yahtzee?), it's part of growing up! Hundreds of millions of kids worldwide have made it through and become healthy members of society... and I don't think the minivan screeching to a halt in the alley with full highbeams on and mom jumping out yelling 'Oh my god! Billy! Beer? Really!!!' is going to be any more positive.

And to entertain the "What if the child is abducted!" fear mongering. Howabout this. Look up the number of kids that have been abducted. Look at the number of auto accident deaths. You might be safer walking off with the strange man in the comic book shop that smells like mothballs than you are getting into your own car.