View Single Post
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
The app wont find really empty frequencies if you have the headphones like a ball... I will post some pics later.
yeah I know as the headphones act like an antenna... but on a lot of frequencies the n900 is empty, there may be some noise on car radios, as they seem to amplify the radio signals better and from radio stations farther away.

And I guess that different headphones (with different shielding and cable length) probably also affect the reception and scanning results, right?

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
I just searched from 87.5 to 108 at extensive scan and i got only 21 empty frequencies. Only 10% of the range i scanned was empty frequencies. Btw you are right that the reciever of n900 isnt that sensitive, I hope that t-control will scan better using the transmitter instead of the reciever.
Mhm... With eff 0.9.2 I found more than 100 free frequencies on extensive search. While I'm writing I'm trying again with 0.9.3 and some headphones with a 2m cable in a straight line on my bed.

Btw. is it possible to broaden the frequency range to scan from 76MHz to 108 as I have unlocked them with the modified fmtxd.

========
One more Edit:
Ok scan has finished and it found 116 free freqs, thats 56% of the scanned freqs. What's weird is that it doesn't include a frequency that I've found manually while sitting in my car and searching for empty freqs. I still prefer to use this frequency up to today as it is still more noise free than I've tried from the results of eff.

I guess that eff scans every frequency for a more or less strong signal. But it seems that alot of "unused" and empty frequencies have noise from interferences.

Last edited by MONVMENTVM; 2011-01-25 at 21:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to MONVMENTVM For This Useful Post: