View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
Thanks for posting my app here!
The version for Fremantle / N900 will follow soon.
Hey there,

I've just installed QuasarMX Beta on N9 PR1.1 and it works fine. Using Denon AH-C710 and the sound quality is very good. I am experiencing a few issues though. I hope we can talk about them in here.

For better understanding what's up, I keep my music as FLAC in */MyDocs/Music/Artist - Album (year) [FLAC]/*.flac

For example a path to a file:

*/MyDocs/Music/Pink Floyd - Division Bell (1994)/01 - Cluster One.flac

The issues so far, tested only with FLAC:
  • All items are listed twice (after doing 'scan for music')
  • If the internet connection is set to "no background transfers" the player does not initiate a new WLAN connection but just infinitely waits doing nothing .e.g if I want to download an album cover or submit listened tracks to last.fm. If the internet connection is set to be persistent so the phone never disconnects from WLAN; stays always online, all works okay.
  • Downloaded album covers do not show instantly. The player has to be restarted (unless this is intentional, if so, won't be very useful).

Apart from that:
  • Very good sound quality (way better than annoying Sigma Player). Looking forward to experiencing the equalizer. By default bass is quite flat.
  • last.fm wiki and scrobbling works okay (still, the internet connection has to be set to "always on")
  • Excellent UI, usability and ergonomics. Finally something foobar like.

If you have any questions or need more help with testing, don't hesitate to ask. I was quite looking forward for your player to show up.

Features I'd like to see if you will ever have time:
  • Accepting album art from local files
  • Ability to change playlist order under the list view (the 3rd option)

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-04 at 01:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post: