View Single Post
Seems quite unnecessary - allowing to downloads from -devel, you also "agree", that You're using stuff that may cause problems. Yet, almost everyone use it, due to broken Q&A system and/or unmaintained, yet useful, packages in repos.

Such question about root permission wouldn't change much - everyone would just accept it (or program in question won't work), if they installed it anyway.

Off topic, but I also know cyanogen mod, and it didn't changed my mind about Android - if so, only into worse side. It's a huge *mess*, that took me 2 days to setup properly on my mother's xperia x10 mini pro, due to messy documentation (stating plain wrong informations), builds mess (main cyanogenmod site downloads for this model gives You downloads for other model using the same visual design!), and all after all, it turned out that half things doesn't work (despite version being marked as "stable"), so I ended up with MiniCyanogenMod after all, at day 3, (which turned out to be *real* stable version of CyanogenMod for Xperia mini series). And "rooting" it, what a mess it was...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!