View Single Post
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Any thoughts about "Delete" in "Now playing" or the new searching behavior (when shuffling/adding to now playing/clicking a song, only the search results are taken into account)? Those are the main sources of my mixed feelings about this release.
I'll share my thoughts Typical use case for I would be listening to all songs on shuffle.

Often I want to skip to a particular song, which right at this moment means scrolling through a modest list of 800 songs on the shrunken now-playing file list - not practical. I've accustomed to searching via 'all songs', however now after a search If I select a song, it becomes the entire playlist (and ignores previous shuffle settings, now it turns off) - essentially 'repeat 1' . If I 'append this song' to the playlist, I now have say 800+1 songs to scroll through. I seem to believe this is how iPods work, but oh my I can't help but consider it a regression! Certainly jumping around the playlist is more often desired than hearing a subset of songs matched by string? :P

Some sort of search directly from 'now playing' would remedy this little gripe, even save button presses, assuming feasible. Anyways I've just stepped back to the February release - works for me. Greatest of thanks for the continued development of this player!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CowMan For This Useful Post: