View Single Post
Originally Posted by filip.pz View Post
Well there is still a matter of adding a table on elinux.org

As for "real kernel development", I'm currently working on twl5031_bbc driver (replacement for twl4030_bci) which is needed in order for usb-moded from Mer to even start - bringing us closer to possibility of getting ssh over usb to work (at least on Mer/Nemo)

There's a lot of thing left to do (IIRC):
  • sensors for proximity, ambiental light, magnetometer, accelerometer
  • Audio parts
  • CMT (modem, migth be same or at least very similar to the one on N900, so we should reuse Palis work)
  • Bluetooth
  • BME support (battery charging) - we should check if BME used on N900 matches the on on N9/950, since the one from N900 has been reverse engineered. If it's not 100% compatible we should then fix that, which is still a better option than patching twl4030_madc in kernel so that old BME binary blob can talk to it
  • NFC support
  • GPS support (simple driver exists, but userspace must speak proprietary MEIF)
  • ECI/ACI - whatever is called (support for controls on wired earphones - undocumented in twl5031 IIRC)
  • TV out (depends on ECI/ACI for detection of cable connection)
  • FM radio
Also N950 specific stuff:
  • LCD panel support
  • touchscreen (completed/untested)
  • keyboard (completed/untested)
  • support for keyboard slide event (completed/untested)
  • LED support (N9 uses LP5521, N950 uses LP5523)
  • WLAN support (same wl1271 module as on N9, but connected in a different way)

If someone would be interested in CMT (my N9 has broken CMT chip and is not fully functional in that regard) and/or BME (mostly done in userspace, N900 guys can help us with that) that would be awesome.

Since I'm rebasing and rewriting history in git all the time (not good for collaboration) I'm not sure what would be the best way for others to contribute, so I'm open to suggestions in that regard.
Friendly reminder that a fully functional. Black. 64G (scandinavia) N9 is waiting a proper home.
Allthough. With this good progress i will probably regret LOL. (Just kidding. Ping me and its on its way)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: