View Single Post
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
No, Jack, I'm not fine, I would also like to see full color manuals on how to install u-boot for nitroid, nemo and fremantle, but I understand nobody is getting paid to write docs, so I'm willing to search. And by the time I learn what's the recommended way of doing something, it changes. By stating the problem, it's not gonna be solved. If you'd like to help, you can start contributing to the wiki, and maybe other people will follow. If not, we will still have marginally better documentation.

You can still announce your initiative here and call for help but it's one thing to go "I'm gonna work on documentation, come and help me" and another to say "documentation is crap, and you should do something or else community will die"
Did I say that?...no ...I don't think so..at no point did say " ...YOU should do something.." I said lets talk about the issue...and " WE should do something" ..a big difference....so point that finger elsewhere please. The "... but it's one thing to go "I'm gonna work on documentation, come and help me" and another to say "documentation is crap, and you should do something or else community will die" line should be patented...I have seen it before in other threads...a fairly pat response.
If there wasn't enough input or help coming...I wasn't about to try a herculean effort on my own that would take forever....if there was no interest in helping would have been answer enough. I also understand that solutions change...that is a given. That is part of the difficulty and challenge with proposing this.

Also..I did state...at the least we need something for the total newbie..( I said nothing about colour manuals......not a how to boot other os's or multiboot for that matter.....that.it does illuminate one of my points though....you speak about what YOU need... not what a new person needs....an absolute newb isn't even ready for that yet )....and then take it from there and hopefully work up to the bigger task of sorting valuable data...for a concise how to for more advanced topics ..
Unnecessary defensive behavior I don't have time for ..so taking this personally is wasted on me....but it does illuminate
Subsequently.. I do thank you for your clarification.
I'm done

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-07-06 at 19:26. Reason: forgot...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: