View Single Post
Before answering the questions I would point out that by FAR the best support offering and indeed the only one I have used have been this forum.

1a) I quickly browsed through it looking for something I couldn't quite work out (I have forgotten what it was) and haven't looked at it since.

1b) I had no idea it was there.

1c) I saw a pre-release version of it and browsed through it but I have not seen it since. Didn't check.

2) Fine by me. Spend the money making a better device or sell it cheaper. The quick start guide is enough. One thing though. It's not that long ago that I bought the 5800 and price wise the 5800 is sort of mid range whereas the N900 is definitely expensive. It seem slightly odd that the 5800 box is packed with stuff - including a quite big printed manual whereas the N900 is quite sparse. I am not asking for a printed manual - but don't make customers feel you just want to pocket more money. You could have included screen protector, extra battery, extra stylus (ala the 5800) and a headset that was at least as good as the 5800 or better. In other words - do not waste money on printed manuals but do let the customer share that saving somehow.

3) Ideal help is an active forum combined with google. In-device help ala Windows Mobile/Symbian is complete waste of space and energy (I have had 2-3 symbian 60 devices and I have never ever used the built-in help). Put the energy into making a good intuitive user interface instead.

4) Oh - I answered that one already and I would rather see it the other way around. I might be wrong but I haven't seen any nokia staff participate in the forum on this site and there has been discussions where I think Nokia aught to have kicked in a few remarks (for example the reboot and dead pixel discusions).

Other feedback as requested:

Ha, ha - TWO then - now you ask:

1. Portrait/landscape switch ala 5800 - with same on-display input possibilities (specially the alphanumeric keypad so you can use it one handed)

2. SyncML Over IP

3. OVI maps at least as capable as 5800 (actually that's probably the only thing where I feel Nokia promised more than they kept - I knew from the forum but checking the marketing material there was no hint that it was a different ovi maps than I knew from symbian)

4. (and I do realize this is not really up to Nokia but perhaps Nokia could work with Google on it) Google Mobile Maps

But that is about it - it's already quite a nice device.

Lars...

Last edited by lbthomsen; 2010-01-15 at 03:44. Reason: Poorly formatted and a few more details