View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nokiaman View Post
fcrochik

This is awsome! I'm now able to login to jetflicks and stream my tv shows! The only problem is that when I click on a link a page with all kind of words and numbers open and shuts down the browser.

Is there a way to make the browser open the link and use the media player to stream the show?

OR, Is it possible for you to make pages think the browser is ANDROID instead of iphone? I will send a good donation if you can help me work this out. The android hack would be best for me if you can do that!

Right now I just copy the link and paste it mplayer and it streams. But I want to be able just to click the link and stream the show.

Thanks!
nokiaman,
"Pretending" to be the android browser should be easy, it is just a matter of setting the right useragent. I don't know if web sites optimized for the android platform will have anything that is not "webkit" standard (the iphone has gestures for example). You can try on tear or midori to change the user agent and see what happens.

On a quick "google" I found this for the android user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.0; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

Getting macuco open the files externally will take a little more research/work... again it maybe be worth trying midori and tear to see if any of them can handle your scenario.

Please keep me posted... I will gladly try to add anything I can to macuco especially if is not handled by any of the other n900 browsers.