View Single Post
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Hashing of the IMEI? hmmm.

That's weird. As I explained before the Whatsapp hashing method for Nokia is different than the Whatsapp hashing method for Android. That's why I added an "android=true" to Yappari and let Yappari do both hashing.

Anyway a hashing function is not a bijective function, and as you might remember from high school, a bijective function has an inverse. Hashing functions don't have an inverse.

The point I'm trying to get here is that Whatsapp doesn't know our IMEIs. They were always sent encrypted. The crypt function was based on MD5 but was not exactly it. It was derived from it.

But Yappari and any other client could have send garbage as the encrypted IMEI. There's no way to verify it.

So changing the hashing method will only stop the "android=true" option from working, but there were a lot of people (like me) who weren't using it and we can't still log in.

I actually downloaded the S40 version 2.3.45 and the hashing is exactly the same than before. I haven't checked the Android one (because it's a pain).

So I don't really know what the problem is.

EDIT: Actually I do, they are blocking the "DIGEST-MD5-1" mechanism and have a new one.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-09-10 at 16:05.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post: