View Single Post
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Is it possible to have a target the size of an icon square that can be moved like on normal Symbian and other non-touch OS's? Kinda like how the Blackberry Storm lets you select without activating until actually pressed. This way we could use the arrow keys to highlight things and a button like enter/space/ctrl etc as select. It would have to be different on the homescreen, perhaps an intelligent highlight that cycles through what's on the screen with up and down, and left and right to change desktop screens.

Ok I'm probably thinking of something way too complicated... as it would only be active with the keyboard open.
I don't think it is too complicated to ask for at all. And it is a very good idea.

But Maemo 6 will also have desktops above and below. I think up, down, left, right to move from icon to icon and add shift to arrow to change desktops.

I would also like to be able to use arrow keys to fine tune icon placement. Put desktop in icon location change mode, tap icon to select, then each arrow key press moves the icon 1 pixel.

The Following User Says Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post: