View Single Post
Sweet! Hopefully we'll be able to get a lot of games working properly on DosBox with the Nokias.

Jazz Jackrabbit (registered CD version)
Dosbox 0.72 chinook (n8x0) build #1
vga mode, sb16 sound, cycles 800, frameskip 2-20
Unplayablely slow, getting around 1 frame per 5 seconds or less, menu takes about 4 minutes to show up. After another 4 minutes to get to the episode selection I finally gave up. (on DosBox on my PC it takes about 4 seconds. I tried experimenting with different settings, tandy does not work. I tripped upping frameskip to 20, it helps at first, but it quickly slows down again. Sound plays OK and sounds like it does on my PC, although it gets "slowed" down pretty quick with the graphics.

One Must Fall: 2097
vga mode, sb16 sound, cycles 800, frameskip 2-20
Again, unplayablely slow, even with high frameskip, no tandy mode. Disabling sound in setup makes no improvement. Less than 1fps average, impossibly bad for a 2D fighting game.

Jill of the Jungle (any of 3 episodes)
vga/tandy mode, sb16 sound, cycles 800, frameskip 2-6
Pretty slow but semi-playable, better than the previous two. No "alt" key means that you can't throw your weapon, basically a show stopper beyond level 1 or 2. The PC speaker sound effects get annoying pretty quick. This game normally has a midi sound track.

Last edited by CyberCat; 2008-01-28 at 01:09.