View Single Post
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Inception or open mode required.

As per http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4117

Long story short, Nokia decided that having plugins in the status menu is a bad idea.

This package is a recompiled package with the in and out of process filters replaced with an empty QRegExp().

What this means is that you can now write and load plugins in the status menu.
The only regression I've found is that there's an incomplete alarms applet included by Nokia in Harmattan which lacks translations, you can remove that (see below)

FYI, this was only on my N950 with the latest public firmware, it should work on the N9, but of course, it's untested on it, so PLEASE, backup first, worst case scenario is a MALF and you'll have to reflash, but you took that risk when you installed inception

(And it works fine on my N950, I'm just stating some warnings)

So again, keep backups.

Here's a wiki page that sums up everything about this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Unrestricted-system-ui

To install it, you'll have to replace your stock system-ui
Please visit the wiki page above for instructions on how to install it.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2012-07-11 at 15:49.

The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
accountvip, ajalkane, AJMAL P.M, AndrewX192, AndyNokia232, asys3, baem90, banong, Bundyo, Camerado, cddiede, CepiPerez, ceroberts75, Ch.Saqib, ck2nb, crazyhg, Creamy Goodness, dannejanne, don_falcone, Dousan, emam damon, ersanpermana, et3rnal, Extravaganza, ezameht, F2thaK, Faz, flyingbathtub, ghost_who_walks, gionni88, godofwar424, Hacker, Helmuth, HtheB, imaginaryenemy, Iryus, ja-pc, jalyst, javispedro, jberezhnoy, jhwan, Kenny.Vo, knobtviker, koe, Kozzi, krogulec, laasonen, late88, LavaCroft, Loginin, lorenzo, MaddogG, Maemomd, Maj3stic, Manatus, MartinK, marxian, mece, Mentalist Traceur, MFaroTusino, mikhail_ramalho, MINKIN2, miqu, MoritzJT, Morpog, mrsellout, munozferna, myname24, Nosph3ratu, ombre, OVK, panukooo, peterleinchen, praveenchand, requiem_76, Roth, Salmi, Schturman, shanttu, smoothc, solstice88, somedude, StefanX, thedead1440, thp, tissot, TMavica, ttt0600, turbovomit, Unit247, vitaminj, Wikiwide, wout.martens, Zelig, ZogG