View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
I have it since the beginning
It is very usable in terms of phone operation.

-pro battery life
-call quality and reception is good where I have been testing (Europe / S.E.-Asia)
-great OS
-hardware had dropped a few times and survived with cool dents and more rounded corners

Things still to improve phone and communcation wise:

-speaker: when somebody calls there is background "noise" but it does take me seconds longer to realize it is actually my phone, not so with Nokia N900 / 808 speakers.

no fully integrated SIP (not even 3rd party type of CSIPSimple like on Android),

no fully integrated full XMPP client

for the device being sold as a phone and given the excellent example set by Maemo, the grandparent of Sailfish OS, I can't understand why Jolla hasn't included those features (XMPP, SIP, etc..) right from the start and do Facebook afterwards instead.

It looks like there is need for an easier framework for 3rd party developpers to integrate different builds of XMPP, SIP, Tox, Telegeram ,Whatsapp etc.. right in the Sailfish OS on for seemless integration with accounts / addressbook / phone applications.

This is not a Jolla exclusive issue, just sayin I expected them to do better.

The use of 3rd party communication applications with different non standard interfaces and even publicity is way too high a price to pay for a capacitive touch screen and is becoming soon a decade long dark page in smartphone history.

But other than that I am enjoying my Jolla "phone".

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: