View Single Post
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I just donated $5, in part because I need a little extra troubleshooting help and in part because I want to help get you that n9 for this excellent work.

So, I am get the following error when I try to incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb:

"incept: Package syntax invalid"

I am using the following command to produce this error: /usr/sbin/incept opensh_1.00_armel.deb (there is a single space between ".../incept" and "opensh_1.00 . . .")

History of problem: The inception package installed successfully on my device. I downloaded the opensh deb file using the wget command, and the sha1sum command worked fine for me using the "sha1sum opensh_1.00_armel.deb" command, so this is error message is confusing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling inception and the opensh package, but I end up with same result.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Thanks for the donation.

As for the problem at hand...are you sure that the deb file is actually a valid package? If the wget failed, it might have left behind an empty file, which incept won't understand.

Try re-downloading the package and running incept again. Note that you'll probably need to add a --no-check-certificate to wget, as it's broken and doesn't verify the endno.de site's certificate correctly. Failing that, try installing the package with dpkg -i opensh.... If that fails, incept definitely isn't going to work. Otherwise, try incepting the package again, over the previous install.