View Single Post
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
NEWS:
Collecting names of users to help with the PRE-Fix solder down to fix the USB before it comes loose
Please PM the Users in the List that resides in your "area" to get a quote on having your N900's USB strengthen
dr_frost_dk - Location Denmark - Covering EU
Estel - Location Poland - Covering EU
sEKI - Location UK - Covering UK

PM or Post if you want to "sign up" to help preserve as many N900's out there, the USB still breaks on minimum 1x N900 a week these days.

More News: Adding Phone Repair shops here
UK:
Fones Tek Ltd
Unit 8
Haymarket Hub Metro Station
Northumberland Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7PF

mail: info@fonestek.com
web: www.fonestek.com

+447772 552 471
+447786 305 789
-----------------------------------------

Just like the battery thread, i want all info in one thread

I decided to make a new thread to sum op all the various solutions to fix the USB port yourself, and as title said, this is both for working and non-working USB.

But instead having to post your fixes here again this will be a link page, of course if you have a new FIX then please post it here, and it will be linked to also.

-= The Links =-
sEKI - Soldering down USB with many pictures to show how to steps
blue_led - Soldering down USB to make a VERY strong USB port
dr_frost_dk - Soldering down USB to make a VERY strong USB port
dr_frost_dk - Cover modifications to make soldered USB fit
Info on this FIX, this is very easy to do, and i know many of you have never had any problems with your USB and i have never to, well besides a blown fuse (my fault), this will give peace of mind just knowing that the USB is MANY times stronger then stock.
NOTE on the cover, try to see if everything fits first before doing any modifications on the cover.

cr0c0 - Glueing down your USB to make it stronger
An excellent description and many very good pictures of how to glue you USB down, just a warning on this, if you are not careful you can get glue inside the USB rendering it useless.

mipo - Fixing a Broken USB
This is a very good post, showing what has to be done when it goes wrong.
oh2btg - showing fix based on mipo's fix

Storm_11 - Getting into the LAST resort of having a working USB
This is the last stop if everything else fails, but here you will need to add protection components or there will be the possibility of completely destroying any hardware connection to you N900.

----- Where to buy parts -----
Micro-USB Socket (20x)

------------------------
And you can help me by submitting links, here or PM me, PM would be best so we don't have alot of posts, then links will be added here

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-07-12 at 10:28.

The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
4352134, abill_uk, abubakar, Agent 770, ahmadamaj, Alfred, anapospastos, AnasSyria, andreas.k, bill_klpd, bipinbn, Breeze5, csaba93, daperl, deegore, demolition, don_falcone, ejasmudar, enne30, Estel, figaro, Flynx, fpp, fw190, gnv, GuruCrash, Half-Life_4_Life, Helmuth, imo, independent, iosu, ivyking, jgbreezer, joerg_rw, Joseph9560, jurop88, kent_autistic, kingoddball, klinglerware, krutznikov, lkravovicz, LouisDK, maluka, martycollinsesq, Mike Fila, momcilo, mr-loh, mrsellout, mveplus, n-mi, nkirk, nodevel, onion, OVK, panjgoori, petur, Phaltual, q6600, ranbaxy, rebhana, reinob, Russe89, shanttu, Silvarum, sixwheeledbeast, skanky, Sourav.dubey, SSLMM, stlpaul, strange1712, sunyakram, Texrat, udaychaitanya16, Ulle, Venemo, Verssetti, vetsin, visN900, vkv.raju, Wikiwide, Xagoln, [DarkGUNMAN], [Knuckles]