View Single Post
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netehrlands
I ordered 2 units from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nokia-N9...-/290783564186
- 1july'12 (USD 190) and 1 Sept'12 (USD 150, with lots of haggling, but being Dutch , No problems - the units state to be fabricated in Finland, my 1st unit, came from Turkey, which died in July12 after 33months of faithfull duty, because of the dreaded Micro-USB problem, was repaired in UK (I am in Holland) came back, worked a week and then died permanently of the USB problem.
Meanwhile the 2 units are updated to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo6 and run on a daily basis with no other than brilliant performance with the Power Kernel, than experienced on my defunct no 1 original unit.

To bypass the Micro-usb problems I am using 3 sets of BL-5J -batteries, swopping them daily each time my battery indicator goes from green to red. Bought the simple loader for the BL-5J in China for some USD 10 all-in, sent by Post.
In this manner I hardly use the USB cable, only to access my docs, back-ups, etc.

I think these are not refurbished units, but probably units built from spareparts readily available from umpteen internet suppliers, in China.
Most probably from the very factories that supply Nokia as well.
Just my 2 cents of experience...

The supplier Cellphoneforever is most communicative and replies to mails send to them, unlike the great number of Ebay scum suppliers!
Also check their Ebay record, which they do everything for to maintain at the amazing high level.

Last edited by jlnh; 2013-01-25 at 10:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlnh For This Useful Post: