View Single Post
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
The thing which annoyed me about the N900's bzzt (and the screen clicks on any other Maemo device) is that they always go off when you touch the screen, whether you've touched an element which does something or not.

So, as a feedback indicator it's useless: it tells me my touch had been registered. Fine, but the N900's screen is so sensitive, I don't have any concerns it wouldn't be. What I'm interested in is has my touch been picked up as doing what I wanted to do.
If I understood correctly, I don't really see the problem
If you touched at a certain spot (where you really want), and it registered your touch, it's sure that you'll get what you clicked for... I think its purpose is exactly that: tell the user that the click has been registered or not, to avoid him waiting like "is the application launching a bit slowly or didn't it register my touch?". Good that the sensibility of the screen is high, but a feedback like that is always useful imho.
If you test touching on points where it does nothing, then it's exactly that, a test; its target is real use where you're supposed to know where you're touching.
Anyway, I'm speaking having never used a Maemo device, so may just be assumptions.

The Following User Says Thank You to thecursedfly For This Useful Post: