View Single Post
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
This is a package for maemo5/N900. http://maemo.org/packages/view/python3.4/
hi, thank you for the link, but on N900 things are quite nicely organized. I have python3.4, from the extras repositories, it's on N9 that I don't follow the logic of organization of repositories, and I doubt there is any.

So for the N900 I would try to compile a new openssl best is to get a different devel package name like libssl1.0-dev. So go with debian package libssl1.0.0 which is a backported 1.0.2 version.
After this I would compile python3-openssl and python3-cryptography. The python3-cryptography should be compiled against the newer libssl which is obvious because it is linked to libssl1.0.0.
I never got myself together and configured anything that would let me do what you describe. I compared the openssl.deb offered by by niel with the one already on the system, and I'm not so sure I want to replace it, not even after fixing file ownerships. I'd rather join a group determined to providing a complete OS update for N900 and getting it in the repositories. I have server space I can spare for such a project, at ghini.me.

but we're talking N900 and the thread says N9.

Last edited by mfrasca; 2018-05-20 at 14:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to mfrasca For This Useful Post: