View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
I love the features, but it's not entirely stable. I can't play with it for more than a few mins before it becomes completely unresponsive. I've had it crash multiple times,
Well, its in active development so its not entirely stable yet. I will fix every bug and crash I can find.
and sometimes the display output just becomes a solid gray screen.
Well, this usually means that tiles for this area are not available.
Usually because:
  • there are no tiles for this zoomlevel (some areas have more zoomlevels that others)
  • unavailable internet connectivity
  • the tileserver is unavailable
But if the whole GUI goes gray (no buttons, no position indicator, no menus), then there is something in the drawing pipeline, I should fix.
I'm not yet ready to give up on this yet. I hope development continues. Despite its problems, it's still one of the best navigation apps I've tested on my n900.
Well, thanks. I have a pretty long feature list to yet to implement, this release is basically an entry to the Maemo coding competition, more releases will follow.
My biggest complaint actually isn't the stability though, it's the fact that it doesn't retain my settings when I make changes in the options menu.
Well, this is strange, the settings should be automatically saved each time you change anything in options. So this can signalize there is a problem in loading or storing the settings.

If you want to help me troubleshoot it, you can run modrana from the terminal (just type modrana in the terminal) and copy the output after a crash/settings not saved/other bug.
You can open a new ticket for it on the project trac:
http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/trac/gps_navigace/newticket
Or just send it to the project e-mail:
modrana at gmail dot com

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: