View Single Post
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Two more ED questions please....using Estel's image file....

1. Tried watching a youtube video, first by using Epiphany browser....browser crashed, ie, window disappeared as it tried loading webpage with video....then tried Chromium browser, page loads, but don't see video, just black window with the little spinning circle thingie.....left window for long time (about 15-20 minutes...), but it never loads video....

Is this problem a function of limited functionality of ED and N900?

Anyway to get this working?
There are reports of bringing it to working state, but it's still too much memory hog. For watching flash videos, microB is still recommended.

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
2. In order to log in to some webpages, I need to be able to type in my email address. However, when I try typing the '@' symbol, nothing happens....

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks!
copy Your (Maemo's) [b]/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file into Your *debian's* /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr. From within Maemo, when Debian is mounted and .chrooted, it's /.debian//usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr, where You should copy file to. This way, you'll have exactly same hardware keyboard mapping, as in Maemo - of course, if You setxkbmap <your language> inside ED, or via Ed autostart script.

In layout that is found default in ED (before You copy rx-51), @ is just blue arrow + shift + space. Blue arrow + space is TAB. Default config is actually very useful, and contain many symbols assigned to blue arrow + shift + key, but I think that everyone will like own mapping's most.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: