View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
I tried with having the device charging(and device was on wifi for all tries so far), but the download stopped with the same error again (This time at about 400MB). Unfortunately the areas.dat for germany is bigger than that, so it doesn't get further than trying to download this file with every new start. Btw downloading the map for germany with osmscout worked fine last time I tried (same wifi, device not charging).
Not that it helps you - it worked for me when I downloaded Germany. I presume you mean the whole country, 4GB+ unpacked.

I presume you do have enough space to download full Germany.

Since you are on the charger already, I don't have to look into keepalive yet - it seems that this is not of a source of error.

Frankly, I don't know what to suggest. Its most probably something on CDN provider and I don't know how to debug it. I use S3-compatible service and, as far as I have seen in the documents, they do talk about large files and chopping them to pieces to ensure better redundancy. But how to use it, I have not really looked.

Maybe your connection is too fast/too slow and then some error on CDN provider backend is triggered?

In the case of areas.dat, you are downloading about 700MB bzip2'ed file. So, you are getting closer. Would you mind to try some part of Germany and later try to get full set again a bit later?

Let me know how it goes. We can always complain and ask for advice from the provider.

PS: OSM Scout uses @Karry's own server and has also different download implementation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: